I personally love having a onesie decorating station at baby showers! They are the perfect activity for guests to have fun and to create something memorable for the guest of honor and baby. This is a very simple station to set up, and I've listed the step by step instruction below.
First, you need to make sure you have a table or area where people can make their onesies. Make sure that you have a covering for the table or something that will protect it just in case people get messy. Next, you can gather the following materials below. I've also listed below what I have personally bought from Amazon.com when I prepped my most recent baby shower.
- Set of fabric markers
- Set of dimensional fabric paint
- Variety of stencils
- Onesies in various sizes (I found these WAY cheaper at Target on sale. Also try Walmart)
- Wet wipes
- Paper name tags
- Cardboard inserts (to prevent bleed through)
- Sign (check out my free printables section!)
1. Set up the baby onesie station with onesies (with cardboard inserts) and stencils spread throughout. Find a central place to put the fabric paint, markers, paper name tags & pens, and sign. Hang the twine in an area where you can make a few rows (similar to clotheslines). Consider doing a "sample" onesie so guests can be inspired.
2. Let guests be creative in creating their onesie throughout the event. Make sure they attach the name tag so people know who created which onesie.
3. Let the custom onesies dry by clipping them onto the twine using clothespins.
You now have your onesie station set up!